Tips To Get Rid of Dandruff During Winters
Winter is here and it’s brought with it the dreaded dandruff! Dandruff in winters is usually caused by a dry scalp, which can feel itchy. This is the result of a combination of things—dry, and cold air. Winter dandruff is the ultimate unwelcome party guest, so let us take you through how to get rid of it.
1) Avoid direct heat- Heat is one of the most common causes of a flaky scalp. Hairdryers are so commonly used in the winter because wet hair can lead to headaches and colds. But direct contact with heat—such as ironing sticks and hairdryers—make the scalp dry. Instead, towel-dry your hair and then let it dry naturally.
2) Use Coconut Oil- Well-known for its multiple health benefits, coconut oil is often also used as a natural remedy for dandruff. Coconut oil may help improve skin hydration and prevent dryness, which can worsen dandruff. Coconut oil could aid in the treatment of eczema, a skin condition that may contribute to dandruff. Applying coconut oil to the skin for eight weeks reduced symptoms by 68%, compared to just 38% in the mineral oil group. Order personal care products online and get a dandruff free hair.
3) Use Anti Dandruff Shampoo- Using an anti-dandruff shampoo helps in removing the fungus from the scalp and thus keeping the hair and scalp clean. Look for active ingredients in your shampoo that slow down the growth of dandruff. Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo Online which protects your hair from dandruff. Galway Rupabham Anti Dandruff Shampoo Anti-Dandruff Shampoo gently removes dandruff, and nourishes and strengthens hair roots ensuring a healthy scalp. Natural ingredients help moisturize the hair, preventing dryness.
4) Steam- This helps you regain the moisture content and strengthens your hair. It opens the follicles of hair so that they can absorb more nutrients. Above all, steam helps in healthy hair growth, reduces hair fall and makes them shine.
5) Exfoliate Your Scalp- In winter, dead skin cells tend to accumulate and block your follicles. If you live in a hard water area, this can get worse. If you color your hair regularly, the color deposits may also affect your scalp. Remember, ordinary shampoos may make dandruff worse by drying out your scalp. Because of these reasons, it is important to remove dead skin and dandruff flakes regularly with a gentle cleanser made for hair.