Keep Your Skin Safe During Winters with The Following Tips
Your skin, no doubt, needs extra skincare during winter. The cold air during the dry months can damage your skin if you failed to take proper care of your it. A few simple skincare tips can keep your skin glowing and beautiful in the winter months.
1) Mild Warm Shower – How many of you love to sit in the warm water for long hours? Assuming most of you, here is the fact the will make you think twice on this habit of yours. The longer you expose your skin to hot water the more natural oil is washed off making your skin lose its shine and moisture. If the water makes your skin red, it is too hot for you. So better use less warm water for bathing. Moreover, cold water is more efficient in removing the dirt than hot water.
2) Gentle Cleanser – Cleanser is very important during winters. However, in the winter it is better to use a bathing gel than soap. Soaps can irritate dry skin hence, limiting soap can actually help your skin to breathe better and feel less dry during winters. Apply body wash which has honey and shea butter or citrus fruits body wash. Be sure to choose a smart formula that has natural, nourishing ingredients.
3) Moisturize Immediately Afterwards- Your skin not only needs more moisture, but moisture right after you wash. Applying moisture to damp skin helps seal that dampness into the skin. For moisture and soft skin apply body lotion of honey and Shea Butter. It acts as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and moisturizer. It also possesses skin strengthening, skin protecting and skin regenerating properties.
4) Coconut Oil- Dab on some coconut oil. Virgin organic coconut oil serves as a highly effective product for skin care. Coconut oil fights free radical damage, possibly due to its high levels of ferulic and p-coumaric acid, and its natural antioxidant properties keep your skin looking youthful.
5) Exfoliate- We often forget to help the skin slough off dead cells in the winter, particularly on our hands. Yet moisture can’t get in if the dead cells are too plentiful. Find an exfoliating mask and use it on your face and your hands, as well as gently on your lips, then follow immediately with moisture to truly see a smoother difference. Exfoliating body washes are also helpful in the winter months.