Ayurvedic Food Diet List For Healthy Body
An Ayurvedic diet is an eating plan that provides guidelines for when you eat, what you eat, and how you eat to boost your health, prevent or manage disease, and maintain wellness. If you follow an Ayurvedic diet, you'll eat primarily whole or minimally processed foods and practice mindful eating rituals. The diet is based on Indian Ayurvedic wellness systems that date back thousands of years. Some studies have shown that Ayurvedic lifestyle practices—including the diet—can help improve your health.
There are three different Ayurvedic doshas that derive from five different elements: space, air, fire, water, and earth. Each element provides different qualities or attributes.
- Vata (space and air): Vatas are often described as creative, intense, or expressive. Attributes include dry, light, cold, and rough.
- Pitta (fire and water): Pittas are often described as intelligent, joyful, and driven. Attributes include sharp, hot, liquid, and mobile.
- Kapha (earth and water): Kaphas are often described as calm, loving, or lethargic. Attributes include moist, heavy, soft, and static.
If you are looking to follow a proper Ayurvedic diet, here is a list of food items you must include in your daily meal plan:
1. Ghee- Ayurveda recognizes ghee (clarified butter) as one of the superfoods. It is easier to digest than the regular butter and has a longer shelf life. It is known to facilitate the movement of toxins outside the body.
2. Warm milk- It is important to understand that cold milk is a little hard to digest when compared to warm milk. Hence, warm milk is considered an extremely sacred ingredient in Ayurveda as when digested properly, it helps to balance all the doshas and provide strength to the body.
3. Ginger- From Indian masala tea to a variety of curries, there is a reason why one cannot imagine a typical Indian thali without this aromatic root. Adrak is considered as the universal medicine in the Ayurveda. It not only aids digestion but can help in fighting the menstrual pain as well.
4.Cumin seeds- There are two ways you can include cumin seeds in your daily diet. Either soak cumin seeds overnight and drink it first thing in the morning or boil water and add a pinch of cumin seeds to it. This concoction is known to help the digestive process.
We have curated a list of 5 eating habits that Ayurveda recommends to everyone as the first step to good health:
1 -Ayurveda recommends that each meal should consist of only the amount of food you can hold in your cupped hands. It’s best to feel satisfied, but not full. It is important to leave little room for digestion in our stomach instead of overfilling it. Healthy Agni is what keeps your body and mind in a good shape.
2 - Another good practice is to include all six tastes in your meals - sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter, and astringent. It ensures that you are consuming a balanced diet which will keep you away from untimely hunger pangs and cravings, as they are a result of imbalance in nutrition and taste.
3 - Your digestive system takes between 4 and 5 hours to complete the process of breaking down your food into enzymes and nutrients. Hence, the best practice to healthy digestion is to not snack between your core meals. Allow your body the time it needs. You can also add Guduchi Capsules to your diet to boost your immune system.
4 - There are many ways you can avoid snacking between meals. Have a glass of water or buy green tea online and have it. Snacking is mostly driven by habit and emotion, your body doesn’t desire food while it is working on your previous meal.
5- Usage of spices in your diet is very important. Cumin, cardamom, black pepper, turmeric, ginger is some of the herbs that aid your digestion. Seasonal herbs like mint, fennel seeds consumed properly can also help you maintain a healthy system.
Tagsbuy natural health drinks online buy health and wellness products online buy health care products online health and wellness products health care products health & personal care products health tips fit and healthy lifestyle healthy lifestyle buy organic health care products buy natural health care products order health and wellness products buy health products online buy health & wellness products online health care products online, health and wellness health and wellness tips ayurvedic food diet list for healthy body