5 incredible health benefits of Spirulina
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that contains a number of nutrients, including B vitamins, beta-carotene, and vitamin E. Spirulina also contains antioxidants, minerals, chlorophyll and is commonly used as a source of vegan protein. Below are the health benefits of this product:
1) Excellent Source of Proteins- Due to its high source of protein content, spirulina is frequently referred to as the "lean, green, protein machine". In order to keep our health and well-being intact, a certain amount of protein is required by the human body. While non-vegetarians gain this protein through meat and eggs, spirulina is an excellent alternative for vegetarians. It consists of 60 percent proteins, most of which are plant based. Proteins are essential to enhance the functioning of the heart as well as improve our hair health.
2) Immune System Support- Spirulina is rich in a range of vitamins and minerals essential for maintaining a healthy immune system, like vitamins E, C, and B6. Research finds that spirulina also boosts the production of white blood cells and antibodies that fight viruses and bacteria in your body. Laboratory studies show that spirulina can fight herpes, flu, and HIV — though much more research is needed to test these effects in humans. Buy Immunity booster products online which may help boost a person’s metabolism. A higher metabolic rate may make a person feel as if they have more energy.
3) Losing weight- People can usually lose weight if they eat fewer calories than they use. Spirulina is a high-nutrient, low-calorie food that contains a lot of nutrition in a small amount of powder. Introducing spirulina to the diet may help people lose weight without losing nutrition. A report trial suggest that spirulina may aid weight management. In the study, people who were overweight and regularly ate spirulina for 3 months showed improved body mass index or BMI.
4) A Great Source of Antioxidants- Carotenoid is the world's most powerful antioxidant, and spirulina is a rich source of this. An increase in free radicals in the body tends to aid wrinkling, bad skin and could also lead to cancer and heart diseases. Antioxidants work wonders to fight against free radicals. Buy Health Supplements Products Online which will provide your body with antioxidants.
5) Good for Growing Children- Spirulina facilitates healthy growth of children due to its numerous nutrients. It improves eye sight, helps build concentration, builds muscular growth as well as enhances tissue development.
To sum it up, spirulina is a boon for the body, regardless of the age of the individual. It is known to be one of the most powerful natural sources both to the environment as well as human beings to maintain a healthy balance. The best way to make the most of these nutrient-rich algae is to consume it raw. However, today it is also available in powdered form as a vitamin supplement