5 Essential Winter Care Tips Everyone Should Follow
Winters are here and it is time when we take extra care of our skin and follow basic routines to keep our skin glowing even in this chilly weather. Winter weather is tough on our skin. Humidity is low, meaning the air is dry, and temperatures are freezing. And if you don’t take the necessary steps to protect your skin from winter’s harsh conditions, you’ll have rough, irritated skin by the time warm, sunny days roll around.
Follow these tips to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
1) Stay hydrated- With hot temperatures during the summer months, it’s natural to automatically drink more fluids. Don’t lessen your water intake just because it’s getting cooler outside. You might not be craving a tall glass of ice water like you would in summer, but try room temperature water or a refreshing cup of warm tea to keep yourself hydrated. Be it inside your home or outside, the air is drier in winter. And as a result, water evaporates from your body easily. Hence, you need to keep your skin hydrated. You can also install a humidifier to manage the moisture level in your home. This will certainly keep your skin happy.
2) Moisturize Your Skin- Moisturizing is one of the most important steps that one must do to have a glowing skin in winters. It helps in keeping our skin hydrated and makes sure that the skin does not lose its natural oil. We’re often exposed to many pollutants and dust in the air that can have very damaging effects on the skin. As we spend more time outdoors, our skin can take a hit from these pollutants and can often be left feeling dry and flaky. In order to keep your skin hydrated and feeling smooth, moisturizing should be an integral part of your skincare routine. Order beauty and personal care and stay away from moisturizers that have alcohol and try out a natural facial oil to keep your skin looking healthy.
3) Keep those showers short and sweet- It’s tempting to reach for that dial and turn up the heat and have a long, hot shower or a bath when it’s cold outside. However, hot showers and long baths are a big no-no. Not only will excessively hot water dehydrate you, but it will also strip away those necessary oils from your body. If you come out of the shower and your skin is irritatingly red and itchy, it’s a sign that you’ve overdone it. All is not lost though. We’ve got you covered in the next step.
4) Don’t Forget the Hands -The skin on your hands has fewer oil glands as compared to the skin on any other body part. That’s why moisture escapes from your hands quickly, making them prone to cracks and itchiness. Apply a moisturizer before you go out.
5) Wear sunscreen- Just because it’s not warm outside doesn’t mean there aren’t UV rays in the air. So, don’t skimp on the SPF just because it’s winter. If you need extra moisture in your winter skin care regimen, look for moisturizing sunscreens or wear your sunscreen over your existing moisturizer. Buy Sunscreen SPF 30 Online which will be very effective for the skin.
Tagswinter care tips