5 Astonishing Benefits of Onion Oil for Hair
Hair fall is a common problem faced by all of us and it is often associated with dandruff, baldness, thinning of the hair and greying. Hectic lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, stress and harmful environmental pollutants take a toll on your hair health and make the strands lifeless and weak. Lifestyle modifications, eating a well-balanced diet and choosing the right hair oil products can help you greatly to lessen hair fall and hair damage.
Onion hair oil is one of the most valued hair products in recent times. It is trusted and highly recommended hair oil which promotes hair growth and solves all your hair problems. Let’s look into the benefits of onion hair oil:
1) To moisturize and revitalize dry, brittle hair
Onions contain many compounds that may help to enhance dry, damaged hair. Examples include flavonoids, such as kampeferol and quercetin. These have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and vasodilatory (widening of the blood vessels) properties that help promote blood flow to the scalp. While admittedly there aren’t a lot of commercial onion-containing hair care products on the market, you can find a few. However, there are few options can help you easily incorporate onion’s benefits into your hair.
2) Treats Dandruff- The potent antibacterial and antiseptic properties of essential red onion oil help in warding off dandruff from the scalp and treats scalp infections from within the root. The bioactive compounds in this essential oil nourish the hair follicles, lessen hair thinning and breakage and add volume and strength to the mane.
3) Onion for Hair Fall- It has been seen that onion juice is highly efficient in preventing hair loss. Onions are highly rich in Sulphur, which is a chief component of the protein keratin and is required for strong hair growth. Thus when applied to hair and scalp, it adds Sulphur to the hair follicle and increases the hair strength and prevents breakage.
4) Conditioner- Onion oil blend wells with any other oil like coconut oil or sesame oil and can be used as a carrier oil to reap its benefits. Regular massaging of onion hair oil nurtures the scalp and acts as a conditioner for the hair which prevents dry and frizzy hair issues and boosts hair regrowth.
5) Fights Lice Infestation- The pungent smell of red onion oil helps in battling infections and ward off the lice from the head. Regular use of red hair oil helps to avert lice infestation in future.