Many children and families today have busy schedules.These make it hard to sit down to homemade meals every day. Many kids’ diets involve a lot of convenience and takeout food. But these foods can be unhealthy. They can have a negative effect on your child’s health. Some of the problems unhealthy eating causes can continue into adulthood.They can even develop into lifelong diseases. Healthful eating has many benefits for children. It can:
- Stabilize their energy.
- Improve their minds.
- Even out their moods.
- Help them maintain a healthy weight.
- Help prevent mental health conditions.
There are many ways you can teach and support your children in eating healthily. They include:
1) Start with breakfast- Eating a balanced breakfast with protein is a great way for your child to start their day. Protein can help them stay fuller longer. It even can help teenagers lose weight.
Mornings can be
An Ayurvedic diet is an eating plan that provides guidelines for when you eat, what you eat, and how you eat to boost your health, prevent or manage disease, and maintain wellness. If you follow an Ayurvedic diet, you'll eat primarily whole or minimally processed foods and practice mindful eating rituals. The diet is based on Indian Ayurvedic wellness systems that date back thousands of years. Some studies have shown that Ayurvedic lifestyle practices—including the diet—can help improve your health.
There are three different Ayurvedic doshas that derive from five different elements: space, air, fire, water, and earth. Each element provides different qualities or attributes.
- Vata (space and air): Vatas are often described as creative, intense, or expressive. Attributes include dry, light, cold, and rough.
- Pitta (fire and water): Pittas are often described as intelligent, joyful, and driven. Attributes include sharp, hot, liquid, and
Aloe Vera juice has traditionally been a part of many Ayurvedic preparations, medicines and tonics. There are hundreds of aloe plants, but aloe Vera is unique in its ability to help you inside and out. Aloe Vera is the one edible form of aloe.
Benefits of aloe Vera juice may include:
1) Hydration- The aloe plant is very water-dense, so it’s an ideal way to prevent or treat dehydration. Staying hydrated helps your body detox by providing a way for you to purge and flush out impurities. The juice also packs a hefty punch of nutrients that optimize your body’s organ output. This is crucial, because your kidneys and liver are largely responsible for the task of detoxifying your blood and producing urine. For this reason, you need to keep them healthy.
2) Relieves Heartburn- Also known as acid reflux, heartburn is a painful condition that involves acid leaving the stomach and traveling up the esophagus. A recent study has shown tha
Winters are here and it is time when we take extra care of our skin and follow basic routines to keep our skin glowing even in this chilly weather. Winter weather is tough on our skin. Humidity is low, meaning the air is dry, and temperatures are freezing. And if you don’t take the necessary steps to protect your skin from winter’s harsh conditions, you’ll have rough, irritated skin by the time warm, sunny days roll around.
Follow these tips to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
1) Stay hydrated- With hot temperatures during the summer months, it’s natural to automatically drink more fluids. Don’t lessen your water intake just because it’s getting cooler outside. You might not be craving a tall glass of ice water like you would in summer, but try room temperature water or a refreshing cup of warm tea to keep yourself hydrated. Be it inside your home or outside, the air is drier in winter. And as a result, water evaporates from your body easily. Hen
Your digestive system breaks down the foods you eat into the nutrients your body needs. If you neglect your digestive health, your body could run into problems absorbing those essential nutrients. The foods you eat and the lifestyle you live have a direct impact on your digestive health. Taking steps to improve your digestive health can help your digestive system function more efficiently and improve your overall health and sense of well-being.
1) Relax- Stress can affect the digestive system. Many people experience an unsettled stomach before an exam or a big event, but sustained stress can affect the connection between the brain and the gut, causing ongoing problems. There is a link between physical and mental health, and reducing stress can have a positive impact on both. There are three key ways to manage stress:
- having a good support network
- getting regular exercise
- getting enough sleep
During a busy day
If not taken care of properly, diabetes could lead to sugar build up in the blood, which can increase the risk of stroke and heart disease too. Several different kinds of diabetes can occur, and taking care of it depends on the type. Also, it is important to note that not all types of diabetes occur from an unhealthy lifestyle - some are present since childhood.
Types of diabetes:
Type 1 - This also goes by the name - juvenile diabetes, as it occurs when the body is unable to produce insulin. People who have this kind of diabetes need to depend on artificial insulin for their body to function well.
Type 2 - As against Type I, the body continues to produce insulin - but, it utilizes it in a different way, and the cells in the human body do not effectively respond to it. This is the commonest diabetes kind and is known to be linked with obesity.
Let us know some natural ways by which we can treat diabetes at home:
1) Fenugreek seeds- Consume about
Galwaykart gives you various options to gift something special to your friends and relatives in Diwali. From personal care items to home care items you will get everything that you wish to gift them. Below are the items which you can gift:
1) Personal care- Order beauty and personal care items under this category which you can gift. From body wash to face wash, face cream, grooming products for men and women etc. These products are not harsh to the skin and makes it soft and smoother. Regular body washes can strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it feeling tight and dry. Using a gentle body wash will encourage it to hold on to moisture without over-cleansing, so your skin feels nourished and healthy. The face wash is the basic need of every individual because washing face regularly with face wash will help in deep cleansing of the face. If we don’t use cleanser on the regular basis it will store the dirt and bacteria which leads to many of the skin care problems. It i
Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Washing your hands properly is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself from disease-causing germs and bacteria. The process of hand washing is even more crucial at present when the fatal new strain of coronavirus continues to spread in different parts of the world. Even the advisory of the World Health Organization (WHO) stresses on cleaning your hands to protect yourself from the infection of the deadly virus. But what is the best way to wash your hands to ensure that you are not carrying germs and bacteria? Most people take a drop of hand wash, rub their hands together for a few seconds and rinse it. Is this enough? Or we need to be more mindful while cleaning our hands to stay healthy. Let's find out!
What’s the proper technique for washing my hands?
There are only a few simple steps to take to give your hands a thorough cleaning and prevent the spread of illness. The steps a
Green tea enjoys a well-deserved health halo. One of the healthiest beverages on the planet, green tea leaves can be steeped to make tea, or sipped whole. Both the leaves and the tea itself can also be incorporated into cooking. Below are the benefits of having green tea for health:
1) Fat burning properties- Speeding up your metabolism is a sure-fire way to feel better in general. When your bodily systems are working at top-notch capacity, it’s a bonus to overall health. And the fact that green tea increases fat burning means that your blood is flowing better, your heart is pumping at a rate it should, and your digestive system is humming right along.
2) Supports brain health- Green tea is known to elicit an alert calm. While it does provide caffeine, green tea also contains an amino acid called L-theanine, which produces a calming effect. The combination of caffeine and L-theanine has also been shown to optimize brain function to e
It is our immune system that defends us against disease-causing micro-organisms. But sometimes it fails. A germ can overcome the immune system defenses and make us sick. Immunity is the resistance of the body against the infections and toxins that intrudes into your body. With natural ingredients, immune boosting herbs and supplements ensure that the body receives the necessary nutrients to keep the immune system strong and stable in the long run. There are many Immunity Booster Ayurvedic Herbs and Supplements which helps to support immune function. Start your day with confidence that you are well protected and well – armored against the invisible enemy by incorporating the Immunity Booster Ayurvedic Herbs in your diet:
1) Ashwagandha- Ashwagandha is an important herb in ayurveda. The name translates to “the smell of horse”, which indicates its ability to give immense strength and the unique fragrance it carries. It is a shrub and extracts or powder of its roots and leaves are us