Spices are the foundation for Indian cooking. They can transform any dish into a tasty meal and give life to even the simplest ingredients. Indian food encompasses several centuries-old culinary traditions from all over the broad subcontinent. Pulling from these traditions to produce beautiful cooking is an almost spiritual act. Certainly exploring Indian food will greatly expand your cooking repertoire. Below are the 5 top spices used in Indian cooking:
1) Turmeric (Haldi)- Turmeric is enigmatic because its flavor is subtle. Turmeric's flavor contribution is distinct yet in the background. Perhaps more than flavor, turmeric's real contribution is its health benefits and color. It is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and helps with heart disease, depression, and arthritis. Turmeric is typically added, as a powder, to a curry sauce after the wet ingredients have been added. Typically, turmeric takes only a teaspoon or two to flavor and color a dish for a family
Aloe Vera juice has traditionally been a part of many Ayurvedic preparations, medicines and tonics. There are hundreds of aloe plants, but aloe Vera is unique in its ability to help you inside and out. Aloe Vera is the one edible form of aloe.
Benefits of aloe Vera juice may include:
1) Hydration- The aloe plant is very water-dense, so it’s an ideal way to prevent or treat dehydration. Staying hydrated helps your body detox by providing a way for you to purge and flush out impurities. The juice also packs a hefty punch of nutrients that optimize your body’s organ output. This is crucial, because your kidneys and liver are largely responsible for the task of detoxifying your blood and producing urine. For this reason, you need to keep them healthy.
2) Relieves Heartburn- Also known as acid reflux, heartburn is a painful condition that involves acid leaving the stomach and traveling up the esophagus. A recent study has shown tha
Winters are here and it is time when we take extra care of our skin and follow basic routines to keep our skin glowing even in this chilly weather. Winter weather is tough on our skin. Humidity is low, meaning the air is dry, and temperatures are freezing. And if you don’t take the necessary steps to protect your skin from winter’s harsh conditions, you’ll have rough, irritated skin by the time warm, sunny days roll around.
Follow these tips to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
1) Stay hydrated- With hot temperatures during the summer months, it’s natural to automatically drink more fluids. Don’t lessen your water intake just because it’s getting cooler outside. You might not be craving a tall glass of ice water like you would in summer, but try room temperature water or a refreshing cup of warm tea to keep yourself hydrated. Be it inside your home or outside, the air is drier in winter. And as a result, water evaporates from your body easily. Hen
Your digestive system breaks down the foods you eat into the nutrients your body needs. If you neglect your digestive health, your body could run into problems absorbing those essential nutrients. The foods you eat and the lifestyle you live have a direct impact on your digestive health. Taking steps to improve your digestive health can help your digestive system function more efficiently and improve your overall health and sense of well-being.
1) Relax- Stress can affect the digestive system. Many people experience an unsettled stomach before an exam or a big event, but sustained stress can affect the connection between the brain and the gut, causing ongoing problems. There is a link between physical and mental health, and reducing stress can have a positive impact on both. There are three key ways to manage stress:
- having a good support network
- getting regular exercise
- getting enough sleep
During a busy day
If not taken care of properly, diabetes could lead to sugar build up in the blood, which can increase the risk of stroke and heart disease too. Several different kinds of diabetes can occur, and taking care of it depends on the type. Also, it is important to note that not all types of diabetes occur from an unhealthy lifestyle - some are present since childhood.
Types of diabetes:
Type 1 - This also goes by the name - juvenile diabetes, as it occurs when the body is unable to produce insulin. People who have this kind of diabetes need to depend on artificial insulin for their body to function well.
Type 2 - As against Type I, the body continues to produce insulin - but, it utilizes it in a different way, and the cells in the human body do not effectively respond to it. This is the commonest diabetes kind and is known to be linked with obesity.
Let us know some natural ways by which we can treat diabetes at home:
1) Fenugreek seeds- Consume about
Galwaykart gives you various options to gift something special to your friends and relatives in Diwali. From personal care items to home care items you will get everything that you wish to gift them. Below are the items which you can gift:
1) Personal care- Order beauty and personal care items under this category which you can gift. From body wash to face wash, face cream, grooming products for men and women etc. These products are not harsh to the skin and makes it soft and smoother. Regular body washes can strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it feeling tight and dry. Using a gentle body wash will encourage it to hold on to moisture without over-cleansing, so your skin feels nourished and healthy. The face wash is the basic need of every individual because washing face regularly with face wash will help in deep cleansing of the face. If we don’t use cleanser on the regular basis it will store the dirt and bacteria which leads to many of the skin care problems. It i
Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Washing your hands properly is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself from disease-causing germs and bacteria. The process of hand washing is even more crucial at present when the fatal new strain of coronavirus continues to spread in different parts of the world. Even the advisory of the World Health Organization (WHO) stresses on cleaning your hands to protect yourself from the infection of the deadly virus. But what is the best way to wash your hands to ensure that you are not carrying germs and bacteria? Most people take a drop of hand wash, rub their hands together for a few seconds and rinse it. Is this enough? Or we need to be more mindful while cleaning our hands to stay healthy. Let's find out!
What’s the proper technique for washing my hands?
There are only a few simple steps to take to give your hands a thorough cleaning and prevent the spread of illness. The steps a
All women across the globe will unanimously agree that having flawless and glowing skin makes for their number one dream. If you want clear and healthy skin, we have some amazing homemade beauty tips for you. You don’t really have to go far to incorporate these tips in your beauty routine; just walk to your kitchen, look around and you are good to start. Commonly available fruits such as oranges, papayas, bananas, and apples are super effective antioxidant-rich skincare treatments. These remedies are completely safe, natural and easy on the pocket. If you are wondering what those tips for glowing skin are, then read on to find out.
1) Masoor Dal Powder, Orange Peel Powder and Rose Water. Grind masoor dal and orange peel separately to obtain their powdered forms. One by one add them to rose water. Here you can also add Rose Skin Toner if you want. Blend until the mixture be
Hair fall is a common problem faced by all of us and it is often associated with dandruff, baldness, thinning of the hair and greying. Hectic lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, stress and harmful environmental pollutants take a toll on your hair health and make the strands lifeless and weak. Lifestyle modifications, eating a well-balanced diet and choosing the right hair oil products can help you greatly to lessen hair fall and hair damage.
Onion hair oil is one of the most valued hair products in recent times. It is trusted and highly recommended hair oil which promotes hair growth and solves all your hair problems. Let’s look into the benefits of onion hair oil:
1) To moisturize and revitalize dry, brittle hair
Onions contain many compounds that may help to enhance dry, damaged hair. Examples include flavonoids, such as kampeferol and quercetin. These have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and vasodilatory (widening of the blood vessels) properties that help p