Many children and families today have busy schedules.These make it hard to sit down to homemade meals every day. Many kids’ diets involve a lot of convenience and takeout food. But these foods can be unhealthy. They can have a negative effect on your child’s health. Some of the problems unhealthy eating causes can continue into adulthood.They can even develop into lifelong diseases. Healthful eating has many benefits for children. It can:
- Stabilize their energy.
- Improve their minds.
- Even out their moods.
- Help them maintain a healthy weight.
- Help prevent mental health conditions.
There are many ways you can teach and support your children in eating healthily. They include:
1) Start with breakfast- Eating a balanced breakfast with protein is a great way for your child to start their day. Protein can help them stay fuller longer. It even can help teenagers lose weight.
Mornings can be
An Ayurvedic diet is an eating plan that provides guidelines for when you eat, what you eat, and how you eat to boost your health, prevent or manage disease, and maintain wellness. If you follow an Ayurvedic diet, you'll eat primarily whole or minimally processed foods and practice mindful eating rituals. The diet is based on Indian Ayurvedic wellness systems that date back thousands of years. Some studies have shown that Ayurvedic lifestyle practices—including the diet—can help improve your health.
There are three different Ayurvedic doshas that derive from five different elements: space, air, fire, water, and earth. Each element provides different qualities or attributes.
- Vata (space and air): Vatas are often described as creative, intense, or expressive. Attributes include dry, light, cold, and rough.
- Pitta (fire and water): Pittas are often described as intelligent, joyful, and driven. Attributes include sharp, hot, liquid, and
Wondering why rose water has found a place in every Indian household? It's simple. Rose water benefits are a plenty as it is undoubtedly beauty's magic potion, and also remarkably versatile. Today, rose water is an all-natural ingredient included in many facial care products like toners. The fragrant formulations prep your skin for makeup applications while also preventing acne and wrinkles. Rose water toner is rose petals steeped in purified water — in other words, a concentrated bouquet. Rose water has a wealth of benefits, from naturally removing impurities to temporarily tightening the appearance of skin — and it’s excellent for a range of different skin types
Below are some of the major benefits of rose water toner:
1) Hydrated Glow- The extremity of seasons can have a large impact on our skin. Rose toner can help care for that. Simply mist some on your face (or you can also apply it using a cotton pad) and your skin will instantly feel
A good cooking oil doesn't just add life to the most common foods, but also plays a pivotal role in your health. It could affect your cholesterol levels, alter your metabolic syndrome and if you're using the right kind of oil, it could also reduce inflammation. That's what makes it all the more important to pick the right one. In the last few years, ghee (clarified butter) and refined oil have earned a bad reputation due to the cholesterol and heart disease scare. For such health reasons, people have become more open to experiment with new types of oil. On such variety that has slowly been creeping up on health charts is Rice Bran Oil.
Rice bran oil is extracted from rice bran, the outer layer of the rice grain.Buy rice bran oil online which is popular as a "healthy oil" in Japan, Asia, and particularly India. It is used for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and many other conditions. Below are
While the cold wind and snowy backdrop seems extremely fascinating to look forward to, you seldom realize the implications it can have on your hair and skin. Winter always brings dry skin that lacks luster and glow. You must make necessary changes in your skincare routine to fight the harsh weather. The cold weather can make your skin dry and dull. Here are quick tips to keep your skin healthy and glowing all through winter.
1) Moisturize daily- Cold conditions can strip skin of its natural moisture to make sure not to skip your skincare routine in the morning and at night. Moisturizers act as a barrier, holding moisture in and hydrating the skin’s outer layers. It is one of the most important parts of a winter care routine. Order beauty care products which has a heavier moisturizer to mend the damages inflicted by the dry weather and to protect it from any further damage. Using a good winter moisturizer is key t
Spices are the foundation for Indian cooking. They can transform any dish into a tasty meal and give life to even the simplest ingredients. Indian food encompasses several centuries-old culinary traditions from all over the broad subcontinent. Pulling from these traditions to produce beautiful cooking is an almost spiritual act. Certainly exploring Indian food will greatly expand your cooking repertoire. Below are the 5 top spices used in Indian cooking:
1) Turmeric (Haldi)- Turmeric is enigmatic because its flavor is subtle. Turmeric's flavor contribution is distinct yet in the background. Perhaps more than flavor, turmeric's real contribution is its health benefits and color. It is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and helps with heart disease, depression, and arthritis. Turmeric is typically added, as a powder, to a curry sauce after the wet ingredients have been added. Typically, turmeric takes only a teaspoon or two to flavor and color a dish for a family
Aloe Vera juice has traditionally been a part of many Ayurvedic preparations, medicines and tonics. There are hundreds of aloe plants, but aloe Vera is unique in its ability to help you inside and out. Aloe Vera is the one edible form of aloe.
Benefits of aloe Vera juice may include:
1) Hydration- The aloe plant is very water-dense, so it’s an ideal way to prevent or treat dehydration. Staying hydrated helps your body detox by providing a way for you to purge and flush out impurities. The juice also packs a hefty punch of nutrients that optimize your body’s organ output. This is crucial, because your kidneys and liver are largely responsible for the task of detoxifying your blood and producing urine. For this reason, you need to keep them healthy.
2) Relieves Heartburn- Also known as acid reflux, heartburn is a painful condition that involves acid leaving the stomach and traveling up the esophagus. A recent study has shown tha
Winters are here and it is time when we take extra care of our skin and follow basic routines to keep our skin glowing even in this chilly weather. Winter weather is tough on our skin. Humidity is low, meaning the air is dry, and temperatures are freezing. And if you don’t take the necessary steps to protect your skin from winter’s harsh conditions, you’ll have rough, irritated skin by the time warm, sunny days roll around.
Follow these tips to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
1) Stay hydrated- With hot temperatures during the summer months, it’s natural to automatically drink more fluids. Don’t lessen your water intake just because it’s getting cooler outside. You might not be craving a tall glass of ice water like you would in summer, but try room temperature water or a refreshing cup of warm tea to keep yourself hydrated. Be it inside your home or outside, the air is drier in winter. And as a result, water evaporates from your body easily. Hen
Your digestive system breaks down the foods you eat into the nutrients your body needs. If you neglect your digestive health, your body could run into problems absorbing those essential nutrients. The foods you eat and the lifestyle you live have a direct impact on your digestive health. Taking steps to improve your digestive health can help your digestive system function more efficiently and improve your overall health and sense of well-being.
1) Relax- Stress can affect the digestive system. Many people experience an unsettled stomach before an exam or a big event, but sustained stress can affect the connection between the brain and the gut, causing ongoing problems. There is a link between physical and mental health, and reducing stress can have a positive impact on both. There are three key ways to manage stress:
- having a good support network
- getting regular exercise
- getting enough sleep
During a busy day
If not taken care of properly, diabetes could lead to sugar build up in the blood, which can increase the risk of stroke and heart disease too. Several different kinds of diabetes can occur, and taking care of it depends on the type. Also, it is important to note that not all types of diabetes occur from an unhealthy lifestyle - some are present since childhood.
Types of diabetes:
Type 1 - This also goes by the name - juvenile diabetes, as it occurs when the body is unable to produce insulin. People who have this kind of diabetes need to depend on artificial insulin for their body to function well.
Type 2 - As against Type I, the body continues to produce insulin - but, it utilizes it in a different way, and the cells in the human body do not effectively respond to it. This is the commonest diabetes kind and is known to be linked with obesity.
Let us know some natural ways by which we can treat diabetes at home:
1) Fenugreek seeds- Consume about